ONX Wines is looking for an experienced, hard-working, and detail-oriented intern to join us for the 2017 harvest and 3rd vintage at our Tin City Winery.
ONX Wines specializes in blends off our west-side estate located in the coveted Templeton Gap AVA. The ONX Estate boasts a powerful sense of terroir expressed in over 12 varieties, ranging from French Rhone’s and Bordeaux’s to Spanish and Italian Varieties. Additionally, ONX Wines provides custom crush services to several local wineries from a variety of different AVA’s so the candidate will be exposed to a wide variety terroirs as well!
Interns will join our small, four-employee production team in processing small, premium lots over the course of the vintage and be exposed to all facets of the winemaking process.
- Crush-pad and sorting-line operations
- Fermentation management (i.e. pump-overs and punch-downs)
- Barrel work (topping, filling, racking, cleaning, etc)
- Sampling (in cellar and vineyards)
- Wine and must additions
- Participation in on-site benchmark tastings, lot evaluations, and blending trials
- Laboratory analyses
- Bottling prep and bottling line operations
Have an understanding of fruit processing and fermentation
Have one year of harvest cellar experience (preferred), but we are willing the train the right candidate
Possess great attention to detail
Work well as a team member
Be available to work from approximately early August through mid-November (possibility to work through a bottling in December).
Be dependable and flexible to work overtime, weekends, and holidays
Be prompt and show up to shifts on time.
Have a clean DMV record and a current driver’s license
Have prior forklift experience/certification, but we are willing to train the right candidate
Possess the ability to read, write, and communicate in English and perform basic math
Possess a good sense of humor and love for wine
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend and stand for prolonged periods
• Climb stairs
• Lift and/or move up to 60 lbs
• Work in both cool cellar temperatures and warm Paso Robles outdoor temperatures/conditions
• Navigate steep and uneven vineyard terrain for sampling
This job will be a great opportunity to join and learn from a small, experienced team of passionate wine growers and to experience the full cycle of wine, from vineyard to glass. We look forward to hearing from you!
ONX Estate Wines, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Email resumé and cover letter to: