Cart 0 items: $0.00

WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects.  For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.

Caliber 2018

Caliber 2018
Wine Specs
Vintage
2018
Appellation
Templeton Gap
Alcohol %
15.4
In Stock
Add To Cart
$65.00
/ 750 m/L
SKU: 18CB

For the first time since 2014, Caliber returns as a varietal Cabernet Sauvignon as new plantings of clones 338 and 47 at the ONX Estate have reached full production. 75% Cabernet Sauvignon with the remaining 25% being Malbec, the 2018 Caliber has all the classic Cabernet offerings on the nose and palate while it’s understudy in the blend softens and balances the harder edges of the palate and finish.

Aromatically, the wine lifts from the glass intermingling spicy and savory in one seamless tone. On the palate, coating tannin is layered with ripe tones of blackberry, with the midpalate being soft and even in a way that provides restraint around a core of bacon fat and blueberry syrup. The structure broadens out for a mouthwatering finish that carries wasabi and cayenne with it.

Wine Specs
Vintage
2018
Appellation
Templeton Gap
Alcohol %
15.4